It’s almost a month since many of us gathered around large bonfires and, dazzled by the flames and firework displays, celebrated Bonfire Night. Although the occasion is always a lot of fun, the task of ridding clothes of the stench of bonfire smoke is never an enjoyable one. Perhaps having to endure the odour of smoke on your clothes isn’t an annual event if you’re a smoker or live with a smoker. If you’re looking for ways to free your garments from the smell of fire or cigarette smoke, you’ve come to the right place!
Removing the Lingering Smell of Bonfire/Campfire Smoke
The Huffington Post shared a great, quick, simple and almost free way of banishing smoky smells without a washing machine…
1) Pop the smoke-infused clothes on a hanger.
2) Hang them on the bathroom door handle or from shower curtain rail.
3) Turn your hot water on to fill your bath up with water.
4) Turn the tap off and put four cups of white vinegar into the bathtub. Allow the mixture to sit for 10 minutes.
5) The white vinegar should remove that smoky bonfire odour.